Monday, August 23, 2010

Dirty Joke

Someone told a dirty joke

It seems like nobody understood

The punch line was a farce

So, I left the neighborhood

I ran off into the distance

Dipped my toe into the lake

I fell in love at first glance

With all the women on the take

Damn! They stole away my innocence

They thieved away my rowdy years

I got all turned around, lost my sense

Slathered by a jury of my peers

Then dining on a winter feast

The last supper of our discontent

Not frightened in the least

Hoping all of my dreams were heaven sent

Then I flipped the sticky switch

Packed all my junk in my creaking car

Threw my wallet in the muddy ditch

Headed off to the nearest star

The star was warm and searing

It burned away all my face

The audience fell down cheering

For the outcast roaming outer space

No comments:

Post a Comment