Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Purificación

The wrinkle-faced lady with the golden teeth shivered
Shimmered Ukrainian
Against the backdrop of somber faces
Almond eyelids drooping from the strain
Of these days consumed by such dire stakes
Heart gambling on the least sure thing
In the gaming hall where unknown sadness looms
Weaving tales of impossible bliss,
Tongue-tied & tortured
By the thrilling threat of smitten kisses for me
Please do say hello if you meet the missus
History classes,
Foggy glasses,
Robot love on Seoul city trails
Through this thick fog of people I can’t see the sequel
Lured into a hollow calm,
The fortune lady’s lies sound like gibberish
Just spears my ears
My Western womb suffers; cracked and broken
Tearing into tears of lovely dead gutter poets
Piling on the imagery of my unified perversity
Seizing on the tragedy of my Foolish, Foible Folly
The ballads bleed onto the paper dripping quills
Perks, I pine for pills and comfort rubbing legs
Together under the cover of classic quilts
The chickens chirp and the crickets burp
Out rotten songs beyond the conscience of my beers
Shifts the gears,
Lying eyes brought down to the valley low
Where I’ll go,
Then I’ll glow,
Worming my way to my soul through the maze of night
Blackened bleach,
Snatch the sneetch,
And shake my fist at the sun that stuns
Clutching guns, feeling hot & empty like the desert
The desperado stands tall and scans
The distant sands for the love that will not wilt
Thou do what commonly causes current angst
Teen-angers uproar trip switch, please modify
My machine lingo malfunction
A dingo ate my maybes?

Maybe she starves me of my laughter.
Maybe she robs me of my second-sight.
Maybe if I fail to mind my magik,
Maybe my mind will never make it right.

Out of these old-fashioned playbooks,
Random romance rags
Zines en scenes everyone seems to know, but me
With corner-pocket eyes,
To ground, nose down
With fiend-like hunger,
I walk a line scene unseen...
Disappearing links to the past,
Bridges burnt,
Cinder box char
Doctor notes,
Dog drips,
Flea dips,
Steady slip
Into something less comfortable; strait-jacket malaise
On my side face plant pillow furrows plow
Feeding cash crops from leaky lids
How this love thing fucking hurts!
Harming harmony,
Humbly hammering shield,
Forging Flaws,
Diamonds damage manual theory
Daft draft designs deemed too ambitious
For feeble-faced,
Man-child minds to muster
Mastery over the forces of Choas
Dancing beneath furrowed brow

No comments:

Post a Comment