Monday, June 21, 2010

Kalifornia Kreeping In

I peer around, sonically immersed in some blues ditty, at the sleeping sugar babes on the Seoul subway as they drift off to toil eagerly in the city towers. The almond-eyed scenes are so perfectly surreal to my wild Western eyes that I cannot help but feel like a subterranean homesick alien. The humidity in the lazily swirling air bothers me no more as Burning Spear drowns wailing into my ears with a song of sweet bliss that harkens my mind away from my perfect, little life I now happen to live; burrowing beneath the ground on shiny rails. Dead-heading into Dongdaemun with the breezy ocean, ice plant, moist eucalyptus air lapping at my soul, I catch myself coming under heavy with the suspicion that at this moment, life is good. Although, I do pine for Kalifornia so.

“My time coming, anyday, don't worry about me, no
It's gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so
Seems so long I felt this way and time sure passin' slow
Still I know I lead the way, they tell me where I go.

Don't worry about me, no no no, don't worry about me, no
and I'm in no hurry, no no no, I know where to go.

California, a prophet on the burning shore
California, I'll be knocking on the golden door
Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know I'm gonna shine.”

Grateful Dead - ‘Estimated Prophet’

2 comments:

  1. You think you'll ever be back here??? To the West?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I flew West to get to the Eastern lands. Next I think I may fly further west to get to Western Lands of Europe. I would like to, if I ever end up living back in the states, live on the Western coast, Hawaii, Colorado, or Anchorage...the rest of the US that I have lived in and seen only ended up leaving a bad taste in my heart.

    ReplyDelete